Sunday, May 21, 2006

everything is better in black and white


Even though i had flipped through a copy in a bookstore, and read an issue in Mcsweeney's Quarterly Concern, I wasn't at all impressed until i had my own hardcover and could read Black Hole in one sitting. The art mutates every panel into an awful and shiny acid trip - this is definitely teen angst at it's most lethal. I'm pretty satisfied with an indie comic for once here, coming from someone who can't stand chris ware. Black Hole is also going to look fantastic on my shelf especially now that i've shed the dust jacket - as is my wont.
perhaps that's shallow.

also picked up the ultimates hardcover vol 1, and morrison's marvel boy tpb this week. marvel boy especially was a pleasant surprise.....pretty flawless little series, just when i thought i had all th e morrison i could handle.
remind me not to go to the comic book shop on a whim anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home